What to expect in a Law and Ethics Interview
We will interview you if you are a pharmacist returning to practise or an overseas pharmacist from a specified country. This allows us to ensure you are ready to practise without conditions in New Zealand. The interview aims to ensure that you can practise competently and safely apply your knowledge of the legal and ethical aspects of New Zealand pharmacy.
What we need you to demonstrate
We expect you to:
- demonstrate a professional attitude
- communicate clearly in English
- show you understand cultural requirements in a New Zealand pharmacy environment
- show you understand and can apply the legal, ethical and practical aspects of pharmacy practice in New Zealand
The professionalism we expect
We consider the hallmarks of professionalism to be:
- ethical decision making
- meeting patients’ needs and assuring safe outcomes
- taking accountability for your own work
- accepting responsibility and being aware of professional boundaries
- being trustworthy and showing leadership
- taking a problem-solving approach to your practice
- being committed to continuing professional development.
What to read before your interview
Relevant reading material to help you prepare for the interview includes these resources.
Medicines and Misuse of Drugs legislation (Acts and Regulations)
Health practitioner and consumer legislation
Pharmacy Council standards and guidance