Congratulations to you all for your outstanding efforts in completing the first year of MyRecert. The high quality of your work was a credit to you, especially given the ongoing workplace pressures and increasing demands on pharmacists.
At the end of the 2021/22 recertification year, we were pleased to see that pharmacists appeared to have understood and complied with their CPD requirements. To confirm this, we did three pieces of work to evaluate how the first year of MyRecert had gone. We also wanted to identify any modifiable barriers to participation, and any additional resources to support pharmacists to meet their recertification requirements.
Our evaluation consisted of:
- A retrospective assessment of 50 randomly selected MyRecert portfolios from the 2021/22 recertification year.
- A voluntary, short survey to all pharmacists asking about their user experience with MyRecert, including an invitation to participate in a focus group.
- Convening a focus group to gather qualitative feedback on the user experience.
From this we confirmed the following:
- Pharmacists did a good job meeting the requirements of the new system.
- Rather than providing too little guidance for pharmacists, we may have provided too much, which for some has led to confusion.
- Many pharmacists do not yet understand that MyRecert is a “high trust” system that gives them the flexibility to determine and engage in learning that is relevant to their practice.
- Critical reflection is integral to safe and competent practice but is not something that comes easily to many pharmacists.
- Indications are that much of the learning undertaken to support cultural safety is somewhat “surface” and there is an opportunity to support pharmacists to engage in more meaningful activities.
MyRecert requirements for pharmacists returning to practice or registering from 1 December 2022
If you return to practice or register as pharmacist for the first time between 1 December 2022 and 31 January 2023, you need to complete the following requirements:
- 1 x Keeping up to date
- 1 x Learning goal
- 1 x Cultural safety
Those pharmacists returning to practice or registering between 1 February – 31 March 2023 do not need to complete any MyRecert requirements.
My Recert tips
We wanted to provide you with a short “refresher” on MyRecert and our Manager of Registration and Competence Assurance, Trish Farrelly, has filmed a short video entitled “Trish’s Tips”. A link to this video will be sent out shortly. A pharmacist herself, the video will provide useful information on MyRecert to help you get the most benefit from your professional development.
If you have any further questions or need help with a specific issue, please email email@example.com or call 04 495 0330 ext 3 and leave a message.