COVID-19 pharmacist relief workforce
The COVID-19 pharmacist relief workforce has been established to help minimise the impact of COVID-19 on the pharmacy profession’s ability to provide services where pharmacists are over worked and/or themselves are required to self-isolate because of COVID-19.
To identify and match relief pharmacists, we are:
- collating a list of registered pharmacists with extra capacity to work who are available to fill positions in a pharmacy at short notice
- issuing emergency practising certificates to non-practising pharmacists who want to join the pharmacist relief workforce
- connecting pharmacies who need workforce relief with available pharmacists.
Want to help?
- hold a current APC and have extra capacity to work, or
- are non-practising but have held an APC and practised within the past three years
please complete our online form.
For pharmacists who do not hold a current APC, we will email you a link and issue the emergency practising certificate once you advise you have an offer of employment.
Please note – an emergency practising certificate will not be issued for the purpose of working as a vaccinator, and practise under an emergency practising certificate will not be recognised for the purposes of returning to practice.
If you and/or the pharmacy you are working in needs additional or relieving pharmacists due to the impact of COVID-19, please email us directly with:
- Pharmacy name
- contact person name
- phone number
- email address
- DHB region your pharmacy is in.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if your request is urgent, please call us on 04 495 0330.