We will communicate directly with you if any further information is required.
You will be notified when your APC is issued or your non-practising status is updated.
From 1 March 2019. Your application must be submitted online before midnight 31 March 2019 to ensure you can legally practise on 1 April 2019.
If you can’t recall your password, please use the link “Lost your password?” and follow the instructions to reset it.
Options to renew your registration status for 2019-20 will be available on your home screen when you log on.
4. I'm changing from practising to the non-practising register. How do I apply?
When you have logged in, one of the available buttons will be ‘transfer to non-prac’. Click this button and follow the system prompts. The fee you pay will be adjusted accordingly.
5. Can I pause part way through the online application?
Yes - you can pause by clicking 'save and continue later' on the screen you are working on. An email will be sent to you with a unique link which will allow you to return to your application and continue from your last answer. If you do not receive an email with a link to return later, please email APC Online as soon as possible.
Please Note: If you don't use the link that is sent to you, and log in from the Council website instead, your application will start again.
6. How do I record my professional development?
Your CPD is recorded in the ENHANCE programme. Council’s online system will cross reference with ENHANCE to check you have met Council's recertification requirement. It is important that your ENHANCE record is complete and you have submitted your declaration on the ENHANCE website, before you begin your application.
7. What if I make a disclosure of a health or other issue?
You will be able to give details of your disclosure online as part of your application.
If further information is required, Council staff will contact you directly once your application is received.
To prepare for making a disclosure, please have relevant information to hand, including:
For a health disclosure
- Health professional name and contact details (practice name, phone number).
- Details of your diagnosis, symptoms and management.
- Electronic copies of relevant documents.
For disclosures of formal investigations or findings
- Date of investigation or disciplinary proceeding or conviction or diversion/warning.
- Electronic copies of evidence of actions taken (e.g. certificate of completion of a remediation course).
You will be able to upload these documents (pdf format) in your application.
8. What if I make a mistake?
If you realise you have made a mistake before you submit your application, you will be able to return to the screen with the error and correct it.
Your APC application and the declarations you have made on it, are legally binding and there are consequences for making a false declaration.
If you realise you have made a mistake after your application has been submitted, you must advise the Council immediately by emailing APC Online.
9. I have submitted my application by 31 March, but I haven't had a confirmation of my APC. What should I do?
As long as your application was submitted before midnight on 31 March, you are deemed to hold an APC from 1 April .
There will be a short time while your application is processed and you will be contacted if further information is required.
10. How will payment work?
To complete your application you will be asked to pay the application fee, using a credit/debit card or online bank transfer payment.
11. What credit/debit cards will be accepted?
Visa and Mastercard only. Please note, a 2% credit/debit card fee will apply.
12. My employer normally pays my APC fee. How will this work?
When you apply for your APC online you will be required to pay at the same time (credit/debit card or online bank transfer payment). You will be issued with a GST receipt as proof of payment, which you can then submit to your employer for reimbursement.
13. How do I pay for my application if I don't have a credit card?
You have the option to make a payment directly from a personal bank account. If you choose to pay via online banking, you will be directed to a secure account-to-account payment system.
NB: If you attempt to make a payment from a business account, the transaction will not work, and your application will be incomplete.
14. Will my bank allow me to make an online payment for my application?
Online payments are managed by a secure account-to-account payment system that is available only for the following banks:
15. Why can’t I pay for my application from my business account?
The third-party payment system used by Council (DPS) does not permit payments from business accounts. This is outside Council’s control.
16. What internet browser must I have to complete my application?
One of these versions, or higher.
Firefox - 12.0
Chrome - 21.0.1180.75
Opera - 11.61
Safari - 5.1.2
17. Can I apply for my APC from a tablet or smartphone?
Yes, although we are not able to guarantee that every tablet and smartphone will display the screens and wording exactly as a PC or laptop would.
18. I can't access the APC Online process from my workplace. What do I do?
Some organisations may limit the websites employees can access. If you have trouble accessing the APC Online from work, we suggest you try it from another location such as your home computer or speak with your employer's IT specialists about accessing the form.
19. I have more questions.
If you have questions that are not answered in these FAQs, please email them to: APC Online.