Vision, Mission, Strategies
Through skilled and safe practice, pharmacists contribute to better health outcomes for New Zealanders.
To protect the health and safety of members of the public through mechanisms that ensure pharmacists are competent and fit to practise in their profession.
Strategic Plan - 2019 and Beyond
The Strategic Plan has been refreshed and is available here.
The 2019/20 Business Plan Measures as they relate to the Strategic Plan is available here.
Our Strategic Themes
Our strategic themes are underpinned by our functions under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act and aim to:
- ensure pharmacists are skilled, educated and qualified to practise safely within current
- models of practice and are adequately prepared for evolving models of care
- promote and support collaboration and integration within the New Zealand health system
- strengthen our engagement with stakeholders and enhance confidence in Council
- support safe innovation in pharmacy practice in response to New Zealand's changing
- health landscape
- drive operational excellence
- deliver best practice governance
Organisational Strategy 2016-2020
The Pharmacy Council's previous Organisational Strategy 2016-2020 document is available here.